SOAHC Estate Wines Riesling

Winemakers Notes
The 2014 vintage SOAHC Estate Riesling was hand picked in small lots, four in total. It was pressed at 1.4 bar then fermented cool in stainless steel tanks (100%). Fermentation was stopped at 11 grams of residual.

Wine Tasting Notes*
White flowers, lime pith and cucumber scents open this Fruitvale Riesling, [one of] the first wineries in the Southern Kootenays region and billed as North America’s first biodynamic winery from inception. The off-dry palate carries ripe pear, lychee, fragrant white peach, wild anise, cold cream and floral apple blossoms – concentrated and generous, but reined in with lime peel focus and brightened with kicky citrus acidity. The finish lingers on and on with lime, spring blossoms and stone.

Food Pairing Notes*
Ideal for partnering with fresh spot prawns.

*Courtesy of: Gismondi On Wine – tasted by Treve Ring
Gismondi On Wine notes

Production
400 cases

UPC: 626990143994

SOAHC Estate Wines Chardonnay

Winemakers Notes
The 2014 vintage SOAHC Estate Chardonnay was crushed and de-stemmed then left to sit for 20 hours. It was pressed at 1.3 bar, with 100% of the hard press being discarded. The grapes were dry fermented; 70% fermented in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 30% fermented in oak barrels. Of the 30% oak-barreled, two thirds was fermented in new oak barrels and one third fermented in aged oak barrels for 5 months.

Wine Tasting Notes*
A tight, energetic Chardonnay with green apple, lemon and stone aromas. The green apple and lemon pith return on the crisp palate, where they are joined by gentle hazelnut and waves of caramel. Acidity is bright and stony spiced, and finishes with herbal meadow flowers.

Food Pairing Notes*
Best appreciated when the wine has a chance to warm a bit and breathe, especially paired with scallops or clams.

*Courtesy of: Gismondi On Wine – tasted by Treve Ring
Gismondi On Wine notes

Production
400-450 cases

UPC: 626990144007

SOAHC Estate Wines Pinot Noir

Winemakers Notes
SOAHC Estate Wines is poised to produce their first vintage of Pinot Noir. These vines were planted in 2012 on the vineyard’s second bench.

Pinot Noir is considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world. The wine tends to be of light to medium body with an aroma reminiscent of black and / or red cherry, raspberry and to a lesser extent currant and many other fine small red and black berry fruits. We hope you are as excited as we are to try it!

Wine Tasting Notes
To come

Food Pairing Notes
To come

Production
Estimated at 50-75 cases

UPC:

Cart

  • No products in the cart.